Introduction to the Fire Safety Management Course
Persons in control of a premises have a statutory responsibility to implement a Fire Safety Programme as an integral part of day-to-day management as set out in the Fire Services Act.
Who should attend:
Owners, Duty Holders, Managers, Responsible Persons, Director of Nursing (DON) Fire Managers, Building Managers, and persons appointed to be responsible.
Location and Duration:
Millmount Maintenance Facility
Duration: 1 Day
Room in above picture also available for rentals
Attendees must have previously attended fire training preferably Fire Warden Training. Also Attendees must be familiar with Millmount Maintenance’s Logbook.
To provide attendees with the tools required to manage and implement a ‘Fire Safety Programme’ as set out under the Fire Services Act including a basic fire risk assessment.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Prevention of outbreaks of fire, through the establishment of fire preventions practices
• Instruction and training of management and staff in all matters relating to fire safety
• Emergency procedures, including fire and evacuation drills
• Maintenance of fire protection equipment
• Maintenance of the building authority and assisting the fire brigade
• Maintenance of Fire Safety Register
• Provision and maintenance of fire safety signs and notices