This course aims to refresh healthcare workers in the safest best practice in patients handling care.
Who should attend:
All staff involved in patient handling (10-12 staff)
Location & Duration
Onsite 4 hours
Attendees should be qualified with QQI/FETAC Level 5 component certificate in core skills (SN2770) which includes moving and handling techniques.
• Move and handle people in a way that requires the least amount of effort
• Move and handle people in a way that provides greater comfort and dignity to the patient or resident
• Understand manual handling legislation as it applies to Healthcare
• Gain a better understanding of spinal mechanics
• Look after your own back and that of patients / residents
• Conduct a personal risk assessment for patients / residents
• Safely move people with and without the use of specialist equipment
• Key Elements of People Moving
• Risks and Controls related to People Moving
• People Moving - Risk Assessments/ Personal Plan
• People Moving Equipment
• People Moving - Controversial Techniques
• People Moving - Good Techniques
• Practical Sessions and Assessments in People Moving
Manual handing and people moving can be carried out on a day course which proves more cost effective.