Introduction to the Fire Warden/Marshal Training Course (starts January 2016)
For a Fire Safety Programme that is being implemented by management to be effective, all senior onsite staff needs to know and understand their individual and collective roles as set out in the Fire Services Act.
Who should attend:
Designated persons on Duty, Maintenance Managers, and Managers.
Location and Duration:
Millmount Maintenance Facility
Duration: 1/2 Day.
Attendees must have previously attended fire training which covered basic fire training. Also attendees must be familiar with the Millmount Logbook.
To provide attendants the information required/needed to manage/co-ordinate the fire safety programme provided by the facility’s Fire Safety Manager in the event of a fire.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Carry out fire preventation duties
• Co-ordinate emergency procedures, including fire evacuation drills
• Verify the logout of a building including escape routes
• Identify location of fire alarm call points, first aid and fire fighting equipment
• Arrangements for the evacuation, including phased evacuation, and the location of places of relative safety
• Arrangements for calling the fire brigade
• Arrangements for assisting the fire brigade
• Fire control techniques
• The role of fire doors and the importance of not wedging or propping them open